Keep track of requested time off with ease by enabling the Time Off Request feature. The feature allows Administrators and Supervisors to manage Employees time off by allowing users to submit a time off request either on the uAttend website or any compatible time clock. Administrators, Supervisors, or Employees with permissions can submit a Time Off Request. Administrators and/or Supervisors can approve or deny the Time Off Request via emails or the uAttend website.
Notifications help deliver the status of the Time Off Request when it has been Received, Approved, Denied, or Canceled. Make sure to add the individual's email and/or phone number in their user profile to receive notifications via Email and/or Text, refer to Adding a User for details.
Enabling Time Off Requests
In uAttend, administrators can enable the Time Off Request feature, follow these steps to enable it:
1. Click the Settings tab.
2. Click on Employee Services.
3. Click Configure in the Time Off section on the Employee Services page. The Time Off Settings modal will open.
4. Click Enable to enable Time Off Request. Enabling TOR will provide further configuration options for selecting
5. Select the Roles Required to Approve, select Supervisor and/or Administrators.
6. Click on Enable Notifications, to select from Email or Text
Note: The Text notification option is only available in the US and requires a uText Notification Plan, selecting it will prompt you to Agree or Disagree to the uText Agreement before being able to select the Text notification option. You can disable uText Notifications in your account by going to My Account found by clicking your name on the top right of the page, then click on Edit on uText Notifications.
7. Click Save when you are finished. The Time Off section will update with your settings. Click on Edit to open the Time Off settings modal to edit any options.
Entering Time Off Requests via Time Clock
Employees can enter time-off requests through a Platinum Series C time clock (BN6400, BN6500, BN6000, CB6500, CB6000). To enter a time off request through a clock, employees will follow these steps:
1. Press the checkmark (uAttend menu) key, followed by the PIN assigned to the user or use fingerprint authentication.
2. Press OK.
3. Using the down arrow key, scroll down to Employee Service Options and press OK.
4. Using the down arrow key, scroll down to Time Off Request and press OK.
5. Using the down arrow key, scroll down to select the pay code to which you would like to assign the time off and press OK.
6. Select the start date of the time off requested. Press the MENU key to edit the year, month, and day. Press OK when you are finished.
7. Select the end date of the time off requested. Press the MENU key to edit the year, month, and day. Press OK when you are finished.
The time clock will display the message "Time Off Request Submitted!" and a notification will be sent to the Supervisor or the Administrator if notifications were enabled.
Entering Time Off Request via uAttend Website
Administrators and Supervisors can enter time off requests on behalf of an employee. Employees can enter time off requests through the uAttend website if they are set up with username and password to login, refer to Adding/Changing User Passwords.
Employees will follow these steps to enter a time off request through the uAttend website:
1. Click the Employee Services tab.
2. In the Time Off Requests section, click Add Request.
3. Select the date(s) of the request.
4. Click Confirm.
5. Enter the number of hours off requested under the appropriate pay code.
6. Click Save to submit the time off request. Click Save and Add New to enter more dates. The Time Off Request has been submitted and a notification will be sent to the Supervisor or the Administrator if notifications were enabled.
Administrators will follow these steps to enter a time off request for an employee through the uAttend website:
1. Click the Users tab.
2. Select the employee's name.
3. Click the Employee Services link.
4. In the Time Off Requests section, click Add Request.
5. Select the date(s) of the time off request.
6. Click Confirm.
7. Enter the number of hours off requested under the appropriate pay code. Select Unpaid, Weekend, or Approved. (Approved may be selected if the Supervisor or Administrator is able to approve at the time of entering the request.)
8. Click Save to close modal. Click Save and Add New to enter more dates.
Approving Time Off Requests from the Dashboard Widget
An Administrator and/or Supervisor can approve a time off request if required to do so. Administrators and Supervisors can see if there are time off requests pending for approval on the Time Off Requests Widget on the uAttend Dashboard. Refer to the Time Off Request Widget to learn how to approve time off request.
Time Off Requests Notifications
When a Time Off Request has been submitted, the Time Off Request Received notification will be sent to either the Supervisors or Administrators, depending on who is required to approve from the Time Off Request configuration.
If the Time Off Request configuration for required to approved is set to:
- Administrators Only: Administrators will receive the notification unless an admin submitted the Time Off Request.
- Supervisor Only: Supervisors that have the employee belonging to their responsible departments will receive the notification unless a supervisor submitted the Time Off Request.
- Supervisors and Administrators: Supervisors that have the employee belonging to their responsible departments will receive the notification unless a Supervisor submitted the Time Off Request. After a Supervisor approves the Time Off Request, Administrators will receive a Secondary Approval from Admin notification.
Employees will receive Approved or Denied notifications after a Supervisor and/or an Administrator approve the Time Off. If a Time Off Request, that was previously approved, is canceled then the Employee, Supervisors, and Administrators will receive a Time Off Request Canceled notification.
Approving Time Off Requests from Email Notifications
Administrators and Supervisors will be able to Approve or Deny from the Email Notification.
1. Open the email notification received.
2. Click on Approve or Deny.
3. Confirmation will display on a web browser that the Time Off Request was Approved or Denied.