The Exemption Status field is for informational purposes only. The data in this field is not related to and does not impact timecards or any other feature/function of the product.
Employees whose jobs are governed by the FLSA are either "exempt" or "nonexempt." Nonexempt employees are entitled to overtime pay. Exempt employees are not. Most employees covered by the FLSA are nonexempt. Some are not.
To make these determinations, please reach out to your organization’s HR and/or Legal department, your local Labor Board, or the Department of Labor. Our support team is not in a position to offer guidance on this matter.
To edit the exemption status for a User, follow these steps.
- Click the People section.
- Click on the intended employee.
- From the Job tab of the user's profile.
- Click the Pencil Icon to edit the employee's profile.
- Click the drop-down selector to the right of the Exemption Status option.
- Select the intended option (Exempt or Non-exempt).
- Click the SAVE button.