This article will address the reasons for and steps to resolve a Device ID error on a BN or CB series timeclock on a firmware version of 3.2 or later. This process will not work on older firmware versions, so the version would have to be updated prior to attempting the process described here.
The timeclock will display a device ID error when the clock is missing a device ID, not able to retrieve a device ID from the server, or the device ID assigned to the clock is not associated with the company ID the clock is registered to.
- First, confirm the clock has full network connectivity. A LAN cable connection directly to the router would be the most consistent method for connecting the timeclock to a network for this purpose. Firewalls or other network restrictions may prevent the timeclock from completing the following process.
The buttons mentioned in the following steps are highlighted here.
- Go to the timeclock, press the MENU button, and enter your 8-digit super admin passcode followed by the OK button. (See the account administrator for this passcode.)
- Use the arrow keys on the clock to navigate to the Device Management option on the menu and press the OK button.
- Use the arrow keys on the clock to navigate to the Update Device ID option on the list and press the OK button.
- Confirm the command to generate a new device ID by pressing the OK button.
- The clock should display a message that the Device ID was successfully updated.
You can now associate the new device ID with your company ID, resolving the Device ID error.