This article will address and guide you through the processes for installing and completing the setup wizard for the uAttend Connect application. This includes step by step instructions with images.
Double click the uAttend Connect installer (named “uAttend Connect Installer.exe”), from the Downloads folder (or your custom target folder for downloads), to open a new window where you can follow the prompts to complete the installation.
You can override the default installation path with your desired installation path.
After installation, the resulting “uAttend Connect” app will be available in the Windows “Start Menu” under the letter “U” on Windows 10 machines.
After installation, uAttend Connect and its associated files are also available at the path specified during installation.
The application will not automatically start when you start your computer.
Set up Wizard
When the installed “uAttend Connect” app is initially opened, you will be directed to complete the setup wizard. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet while completing the setup wizard. If you quit the application during the wizard, then restart the program; all the previously entered information or selections are preserved and displayed in the application when it is restarted.
Click the “Get Started” button to proceed to step 1 of the setup wizard, “Enter Your uAttend Company ID”.
The first step in the setup wizard screen prompts you to enter your Company ID.
2. Enter your Company ID (displayed toward the top right of the window when logged into the uAttend web portal).
3. After entering a valid company ID click the “NEXT” button to proceed to the next step of the setup wizard, “Enter Authentication Key”.
The second step in the setup wizard screen prompts you to enter an authentication key.
4. Enter your valid authentication key (should have been copied to the clipboard when enabling the QB feature in the previous steps).
5. Click the “LOG IN” button to proceed to the next step of the setup wizard titled “QuickBooks Company File”.
QuickBooks Company File
Three steps are displayed that prompt you to open QuickBooks Desktop and your appropriate Company File.
6. Open QuickBooks Desktop and open one Company File in QuickBooks.
7. Click the “NEXT” button to proceed to set QuickBooks access permissions.
8. Select “Yes” to the permissions required and then click the “Continue” button to proceed to the next step of the wizard, “Map Employees”.
“Yes” permission does not require QuickBooks to be open for uAttend to sync data to QuickBooks desktop.
Names and payroll id’s for all “active” status employees (not “archived” or “temporarily disabled”) associated with your authenticated company, are displayed in a “uAttend Employees” column on the left, primarily sorted with unmapped employees on top, and secondarily sorted in A-Z alphabetical order by the first name.
Any employees initially displayed out of view, due to vertical height limits of the application, can be scrolled into view.
The total number of mapped and unmapped uAttend employees are indicated at the top of the screen.
uAttend employees with names that match employees in QuickBooks are automatically populated in the right hand “QuickBooks Employees” column without any input from you.
uAttend employees without names that match employees in QuickBooks are styled differently than mapped employees and therefore implied as unmapped.
Selecting the text input next to an unmapped uAttend employee’s name should produce a cursor in the input, indicating that you can begin typing an employee’s name.
Typing characters in a field for an unmapped employee should produce a list of not mapped QuickBooks employees’ names with a matching sequence of characters.
Selecting a QuickBooks employee in the list, or completely typing a QuickBooks employee’s name implies the selection of that employee and should, therefore, create or update the corresponding employee mapping.
A QuickBooks employee should only be able to be mapped once.
9. Map the needed employees, following the guidelines above.
10. After the employees have been mapped, click the “NEXT” button to proceed to the next step of the wizard, “Map Pay Codes”.
Map Pay Codes
All uAttend Pay Codes are displayed in a column on the left.
For each uAttend Pay Code, there is a corresponding drop-down input in the “QuickBooks Payroll Items” column on the right.
Selecting a drop-down input in the “QuickBooks Payroll Items” column displays a list of all payroll items in the active QuickBooks company file.
Selecting a payroll item from the list creates or updates the mapping for the corresponding uAttend Pay Code.
One payroll item can be mapped to multiple uAttend Pay Codes.
11. Map all pay codes, following the guidelines above.
12. Click the “NEXT” button to proceed to the final setup wizard screen, “Set Up Complete!”.
Set Up Complete
A message appears confirming that you have completed the set up of the app.
13. Click the “LAUNCH APP” button to go to the main “SYNC NOW” screen of the app.