- During this process you can save your progress and exit the set up wizard and, on returning to Scheduling tab, it will pick up where you left off.
- You can also go back to previous setup pages completed, via top and button navigation, to make changes.
- After completing these sections you will be ready to start creating schedules.
Here is a short video explaining the setup process too.
After clicking Get Started, you will be taken to the Add Positions section of the set up wizard.
To add a position, follow these steps:
- Enter a name for the Position.
- The name must be 1-50 characters long and may include the following characters : A-Z a-z 0-9,'!$#@%&*()-.:;+_ and space.
- Select a color to represent this Position.
- A color will auto-populate for the new position, based on the next available color in the color palette. However, you can manually set the color to your preference.
- Click Add Position to create this position.
To delete a position, follow these steps:
- Hover over the unwanted position in the Positions panel.
- Click the trash bin that appears next to the unwanted position.
- A confirmation box will pop up allowing you to cancel or permanently delete the position.
- Note: Deleting a position does not delete the assigned employee records from uAttend. It simply removes position tag from any Employees assigned to it.
Repeat these steps to create/delete additional positions.
- Your Positions will appear in the Positions panel on the right.
After creating at least one position, you can click Next to move forward to the Assign Employees section of the setup wizard.
Click Next to proceed.
The Positions created in the previous section are displayed on the left, in the order in which they were created (oldest to newest), and a list of all your active Employees will be on the right.
To assign employees to the created positions, follow these steps:
- Simply click to add the desired Employees to add them to the current position.
- Hover over an Employee to see any other positions to which active employees are already assigned.
- You can assign any of the employees from the list to the current position.
- You can also search for an Employee from the list by name by entering the name in the field to the right of the magnifying glass
To unassign employees from the position simply click to remove them back to the employee list.
- Navigate to the next position with the navigation buttons at the bottom of the page and continue to assign employees to the rest of the created positions.
- At least one employee must be assigned to each position to continue.
- Click PREVIEW to be presented with a review page for all of the created positions and assigned employees.
- Positions are presented in the order in which they were created (oldest to newest, left to right, top to bottom)
- Assigned employees display under the position name in alphabetical order (A-Z) by last name.
- You can search by position and/or employee from this page too.
- Navigate backward to make any desired changes or click NEXT to proceed to the Create Shift Templates.
Click Next to proceed.
To create a shift template follow these steps:
- Click the box to Create a Shift Template for the current position.
- Positions are displayed in the order in which they were created (oldest to newest).
- You can create an unlimited number of shift templates.
- Enter a start and end time for the shift template.
- Click Next to proceed to the next step of the Shift Template creation.
- Select the day(s) the shift template occurs.
- All - selects all days of the week
- Custom - user selects any day(s) in week
- Weekdays - selects only the weekdays (Mon-Fri)
- Weekend - selects only the weekend days (Sat-Sun)
- Enter the number of employees needed for each day the Shift Template has been enabled.
- Enter a name for the Shift Template.
- Names must be unique, 1-50 characters in length and may include the following characters: A-Z a-z 0-9,'!$#@%&*()-.:;+_ and space.
- Click Next Position to create shift templates for the remaining positions by simply repeating the previous steps shown.
- After creating shift templates for all the positions, click Complete Setup to finish the set up wizard.
- You must select at least one day for the Shift Template before finishing the set up wizard.
Click NEXT to proceed to the Create a Schedule Help File.