Create employee user profiles to start managing and storing your employee time card data in your PaperCloud portal.
Editing User Profiles: General Settings
Select an existing employee user from your Active Users list to change their settings and to access advanced settings options.
NOTE: Only user profiles with Active status are editable.
To edit an archived user, first activate the user profile:
- Click Archived Users from the Users sub-navigation menu
- Locate the user in the Archived Users list and click Activate.
- Click Active Users from the Users sub-navigation menu; the user profile you activated will appear in the list.
- Edit the user profile fields as you wish; each field is described below:
Employee Payroll ID:
This optional field value will be exported with each employee time card record if you've selected.
Display Benefit Accrual:
Turn this option on to display accrual balances for sick, vacation, and other benefit types on the employee user's time card.
Set accrual balance values by clicking Accruals from the Users sub-navigation menu bar. See below to learn more about user accruals.
By default, employee user profiles will have an Active status and appear in the Active Users list on the Usersscreen. Only active users can have time entered in their time cards.
Use the Archived status option for employees who are terminated to remove these users from your normal view while retaining their information in your system. The time cards of employee users in Archived status are neither editable nor visible in the Time Cards screen. Selecting Archived status will cause the employee user profile to appear in the Archived Users list. Archived user profiles are not editable.
Use these free-form text fields for emergency contact or other employee information.
Editing User Profiles: User Accruals
Set up vacation, sick and other benefit accrual types for an employee on the Users Accruals page.
- Click Accruals in the Users sub-navigation menu.
- In each of the accrual type you wish to configure for the employee, enter the Accrual Starts On date, and any starting balance if applicable.
- In the Hourly Rate field, enter the number of hours that will accrue according to the increment you select in the Hours Per field.
- Select either Weekly or Monthly in the Hours Per field.
- Click Save to persist your changes.
NOTE: To view accruals on an employee's time card, you must enable this option on the General settings page for that employee user record.
Editing User Profiles: User Holidays
After you've created holidays in Settings, you can identify the holidays that an employee is eligible for on the Users Holidays page.
- Click Holidays in the Users sub-navigation menu for an employee to view all of the holidays you've set up to apply to all employees in the list on the page.
- Add a holiday that you've set up to not apply to all employees by selecting it from the Choose Holiday drop-down and clicking Add Holiday. (When there are no holidays in your system that remain to be added, your software will display a "No holidays available" message.)
- Remove a holiday from a user's profile by clicking the Delete icon. This will not remove the holiday from your system; it will remove the holiday from the employee user profile only.
Holiday Pay Eligibility
Select whether the employee is eligible for holiday pay (for non-working holidays only) using the Employee Is Eligible drop-down menu. When Yes is selected for an employee, then that holiday's Paid Hours will be added onto the employee time card on that holiday's Date under that holiday's Pay Code.
NOTE: If paid holiday hours are not displaying in a new Time Card pay period, either click Recalculate in the Time Card or enter data in another day within the Time Card pay period and click Save.