One way to punch in to the uAttend system is via the web, using the URL that you set up when you created your uAttend account. When employees punch in via the web, they will simply log in and click the In or Out button to punch in or out. For more information, see Punching In Using The Web.
For users who will punch in via the web, the administrator must first turn on the web punching feature within the user's profile. Follow these steps:
1. Click the Users tab on the main menu.
2. Select the user's name from the list.
3. In the Username/Password section, click the Edit link.
4. Enter a username and password for this user, then click Save.
The user will punch in and out using this username and password.
5. Click the Employee Services link.
6. Click the Edit link in the User Settings section.
7. In the Allow Website Punch section, click the Edit link.
8. Select Yes, then click Save.
Adding IP Addresses
The IP addresses feature is an optional feature that allows you to specify the location(s) from which your employees can punch in and out through an Internet browser. For example, if you enter your office IP address range, you are ensuring that your employees can only punch in and out from that location.
To add a new IP address, follow these steps:
1. Click the Settings tab on the main menu.
2. Click the Punch Management link.
3. Scroll down to the IP Addresses section and click Add IP Address.
The system will automatically detect the first two sets of numbers based on your current location.
4. Make any changes necessary, then name the IP address range (e.g., “Dallas Office”).
5. Click Add.