One way to punch in to the uAttend system is by calling in with a touch-tone phone. If your users will punch in and out using touch-tone phone punching, select My Account from the menu in the upper-right corner of the screen. The call-in numbers appear in the Optional Phone Punches section. You can choose either phone number listed.
- If your account ID has a 5 digit number, you can call either 760-621-3212 or 888-907-1481.
- If your account ID starts with 101, you can call either 760-546-9306 or 844-329-7153.
- If your account ID starts with 103, you can call either 760-638-5603 or 844-669-5006.
- If your account ID starts with 104, you can call either 760-712-3941 or 844-579-4821.
- If your account ID starts with 105, you can call either 760-273-3079 or 888-590-0924.
To switch phone numbers, click the Edit link that appears in this section. Make sure to click Save after you make another selection. The cost of calling in to the 760 number is $0.06 per call and the cost for the 888 number is $0.08 per call.
Punching In Using a Touch-Tone Phone
To punch in using a touch-tone phone, follow these steps:
1. When a user calls one of the phone numbers for punching in/out, they will be prompted for the company ID. The company ID can be found at the top of any uAttend screen.
2. Next, the user will be prompted for their department ID. This can be found on the main Departments screen.
3. Finally, the user will be prompted for their PIN. This can be found on the user's profile by clicking the Users tab, then selecting the user's name to display their profile. Click Punch Management and scroll down to the PIN Number section to view the user's PIN.
Adding Caller IDs
If your employees will punch in and out by phoning in, you can specify the phone number(s) from which they are allowed to call. The Caller ID feature is an optional feature.
To add a new number, follow these steps:
1. Click the Settings tab on the main menu.
2. Click the Punch Management link.
3. Scroll down to the Caller IDs section and click Add Caller ID.
4. Enter the phone number, including area code.
5. Enter a name for the location.
6. Click Add.
You may add as many phone numbers as you like. The service will check the caller ID of the employee wishing to punch in/out. If the phone number does not match, the call will be rejected.