Assigning Holiday Time to Users
After you have entered holiday pay days into the system, you can specify which holidays apply to each individual user.
To assign holiday time to a user, follow these steps:
1. Click the Users tab on the main menu.
2. Select the user’s name from the list.
3. Click the Holidays link.
4. In the Holiday Hours section, click the Edit link to select whether or not this employee is eligible for holiday pay. Select Yes or No, then click Save.
5. To assign a holiday to the user, click the Add Holidays link.
6. Select a holiday from the drop-down menu, then click Add.
7. To edit any of the fields for a holiday, click the Edit link next to the holiday.
8. Edit the Working, Paid Hours, and Pay Code fields, as desired.
9. Click Save.
Removing Holiday Pay For Archived Employees
Setting up a holiday will instantaneously add hours to that person's timecard on the Holiday date that you set up. This includes future and previous dates. The "Apply to all" option when turned on, will add hours to each of your active employees. If an employee was were active at the time of setting up holidays, we will need to remove all holiday hours that were added.
To remove holiday hours, follow these steps.:
NOTE: You must first set the user's status to Active (Unarchive).
- Click on Users tab.
- Click on the Employee’s name you wish to remove holiday pay for.
- Click on the Holidays tab.
- Make sure all the holidays are deleted by pressing the red X next to a Holiday.
- Click on the Timecards tab.
- Click on the employee’s name.
- Navigate to the pay period with the holiday hours.
- Click on the recalculate button on the bottom right-hand corner of the timecard.
NOTE: The recalculate button only works on one employee at a time and only one pay period at a time. It cannot recalculate multiple people and pay periods at the same time.
- Set the employee’s status back to archived.