Administrators and supervisors with editing rights can assign users to multiple departments. This is useful for employees who may need to assign their work hours to various departments.
To allow department transfer for an employee, follow these steps:
- Click the Users tab on the main menu.
- Select the user's name from the list.
- Click the Punch Management link.
- Click the Edit link in the Department Transfer section.
- From the drop-down menu, select ON or OFF.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Before the user punches in, they will first press the Dept key on the time clock and scroll to select the department to which they want to assign hours.
To perform a department transfer on a time clock.
- Press the D/T (department transfer) key on the right side of the key pad
- Authenticate with PIN, Fingerprint or RFID card.
- Select the destination department from the list using arrow keys (up / down).
- Press OK.
- The in-punch will transfer the employee into the selected department.
Department transfer punches can be used at the first punch of the day to punch in.
Note: The settings of the employee's home department will remain in effect during all department transfers. This includes overtime rules, lunch deductions and lockouts.