Administrators and supervisors with editing rights can assign users to multiple departments. This is useful for employees who may need to assign their work hours to various departments.
NOTE: Without using this feature or these steps, employees will always punch in and out of their Home Department.
To allow department transfer for an employee, follow these steps:
- Click the Users tab on the main menu.
- Select the user's name from the list.
- Click the Punch Management link.
- Click the Edit link in the Department Transfer section.
- From the drop-down menu, select ON or OFF.
- Click Save.
Using Department Transfer on a Time Clock
NOTE: Before the user punches in, they will first press the Dept key on the time clock and scroll to select the department to which they want to assign hours.
To perform a department transfer on a time clock.
- Press the D/T (department transfer) key on the right side of the key pad
- Authenticate with PIN, Fingerprint or RFID card.
- Select the destination department from the list using arrow keys (up / down).
- Press OK.
- The in-punch will transfer the employee into the selected department.
Using Department Transfer with Web Punching
Employees must be setup to punch in and out through the web portal for this. See Setting Up Users for Web Punching
- Have the employee login to the web portal with their username and password.
- Click on the drop down menu under Department and select the Department they need to work in.
- Click Punch In to have the employee punch into the selected Department.
Using Department Transfer on the Smartphone App
Employees must be setup to punch in and out through the Smartphone App for this. See Setting Up Users for Smartphone App Punching
- Have the employee login to the app with their username and password.
- Have the employee use the "Select Department" button on the app and choose the Department to work in.
- The employee can then punch in with the app.
Department transfer punches can be used at the first punch of the day to punch in.
Note: The settings of the employee's home department will remain in effect during all department transfers. This includes overtime rules, lunch deductions and lockouts.