In uAttend, you can set up overtime pay for some or all employees. Overtime is set at the department level.
To set up overtime pay for a department, follow these steps:
1. Click the Departments tab on the main menu.
2. Select the department from the list.
3. Click the Overtime link.
4. To access the Weekly/Bi-Weekly Overtime drop-down menu, click the Edit link.
You can either specify when overtime pay should begin or you can turn the setting off.
NOTE: When using a Semi-Monthly Pay Period, overtime calculations can cross between more than one pay period. As months can change during the middle of the week, Weekly Overtime can sometimes calculate in a new pay period at the end of a work week. This will reflect as a Negative REG Paycode amount in the prior pay period, and OT hours showing in the new pay period.
The Weekly/Bi-Weekly Overtime feature must be activated to access the daily overtime options.
5. To access the Daily Overtime 1 drop-down menu, click the Edit link. Specify when daily overtime pay should begin for Daily Overtime 1.
6. To access the Daily Overtime 2 drop-down menu, click the Edit link. Specify when daily overtime pay should begin for Daily Overtime 2.
7. Turn 7th Day Overtime off or on by clicking the Edit link.
If 7th Day Overtime is turned on, employees will earn overtime pay after seven consecutive days worked.
Note:The first 8 hours worked on the 7th day will be calculated as OT1 and the rest will be calculated at OT2.
8. To access Saturday Overtime, click the Edit link. From the first drop-down menu, select ON. From the second drop-down menu, select OT1 or OT2, to assign overtime rules.
9. To access Sunday Overtime, click the Edit link. From the first drop-down menu, select ON. From the second drop-down menu, select OT1 or OT2, to assign overtime rules.
10. When you are finished with each setting, click Save.
NOTE: If you set up overtime after users have begun punching in and out, you must recalculate timecards to reflect any overtime worked. To recalculate timecards, click the Timecards tab, then select the user's name from the list. Click the Recalculate link in the lower-right corner of the screen.