After you set up departments, you will add users to your uAttend account and assign them to the departments. You can also customize each user's profile by using the settings found on the Users page. There are three types of users in uAttend: administrators, supervisors, and employees.
Administrators—Administrators have control over the uAttend account. They set all preferences within the account. Administrators add all users, including employees, supervisors, and other administrators. For more information, see Overview of the Administrator Role.
Supervisors—Supervisors are assigned departments for which they are responsible. Supervisors can perform many of the same functions that administrators can, with the exception of the features found under the Settings tab. For more information, see Overview of the Supervisor Role.
Employees—Employees are assigned to departments. The functions that employees can perform are limited to punching in and out and viewing/editing their time card, depending on the rights that the administrator has set up for them. For more information, see Overview of the Employee Role.
Adding New Users
To add a user, follow these steps:
- Click the Users tab on the main menu.
- Click the Add User link.
- From the drop-down menu, select the type of user you wish to add: Employee, Supervisor, or Administrator.
- In the First Name field, enter the user's first name.
- In the Last Name field, enter the user's last name.
- To assign the user to a department, select the user's home department from the Department drop-down menu.
- Enter any additional user information in the fields that appear.
- Click Save & Continue to continue adding user information, click Save & Add New to add a new user, or clickSave & Close.
Depending on your user type, the following options are available on the user profile screen. To access this screen, click the Users tab and click the name of the user whose profile you wish to edit.
- Role—the role (administrator, supervisor, or employee) assigned to the user.
- First/Last Name—the first and last name of the user.
- Username/Password—the username and password assigned to the user.
- Home Department—the home department to which an employee belongs.
- Responsible Department(s)—the department(s) for which a supervisor is responsible.
- Timezone—the timezone in which the user works.
- Email—the user's email address.
- Phone—the user's phone number.
- Add/Archive Employees/Users—allows a supervisor to add and archive users.
- Edit Rights—rights assigned to the user (View Only or View & Edit).
- Smartphone Access—allows a supervisor to access their account via the smartphone app.
- Group Punch —allows a supervisor to use the group punch feature within the smartphone app; you can also allowGroup Real Time Punch, Group Variable Time Punch, or Both.
- Employee Payroll ID—reference number for salary reports.
- Hourly Rate—the hourly rate of the user.
- Shifts—allows you to select the shift(s) to which the employee is assigned.
- Job Tracking—indicates whether the job tracking feature is enabled for this employee. This feature is only available for users in your account using one of the Platinum Series C time clocks (BN6500, BN6000, CB6500, CB6000) and for users punching in through the uAttend website.
- Status—indicates whether the user is active or archived.