Departments are used to group users together within the uAttend system. You can set up departments within your account and assign users to each department. There is no limit to the number of departments you can create within uAttend. You can also customize each department by using the settings found on the Departments page.
To add a department, follow these steps:
- Click the Departments tab on the main menu.
- Click Add Department.
- In the Code field, enter a code for the department.
- The Code field is a 20-character field. The code can be used as a reference for the department and will appear on time cards.
- In the Department Name field, enter a name for the department.
You can specify other department settings, such as Punch Rounding and Overtime, on this screen or you may choose to enter that information later. Department settings are explained in Department Settings.
- Click Save & Continue to continue adding department settings, click Save & Add New to add a new department, or click Save & Close.
You can create as many departments as you wish, regardless of your uAttend plan.
For information on department settings, see Department Settings.