Note: EMV is only available to customers using the Velocity payment gateway. An EMV solution for customers using all other payment gateways is currently under development. This EMV solution will be available on your POS in a future release.
Once you have entered products, modifiers, and any applicable discounts to a transaction, you will process the transaction. To process debit/PIN transactions on your POS, follow these steps:
Note: Customers who are set up to accept Debit/PIN with their merchant processor are able to process Debit/PIN transactions on their EMV terminal only if they do not accept tips. To learn more about disabling tips, see Setting Up Custom Receipts.
1. Press the credit card icon for the payment type.
2. You will be prompted to change the amount or start the reader.
To change the amount, press Change Amount and enter the new amount, if desired.
3. Press Start Reader.
You will be prompted to select the transaction type.
4. Select Debit.
If your customer wishes to process the transaction as credit, select Credit.
5. On the EMV terminal, you will be prompted to insert or swipe the card. The receipt will print from your POS.
6. Select one of the following receipt options:
- Print Duplicate Receipt—A duplicate receipt will print.
- Email Receipt—The receipt will be emailed to the customer. If you select this option, you will be prompted to enter the email address and press Enter.
- Text Receipt—The receipt will be texted to the customer. If you select this option, you will be prompted to enter the phone number and press Enter. Note that this option will only appear if you are signed up for uText.
- Print Gift Receipt—A gift receipt is a receipt that will display information about the transaction, but will not include any prices for the transaction.
7. Press Close.