After you open the cash drawer, you will set the till. To set the till, follow these steps:
1. Press the Settings button, located in the lower-right corner of the screen. You might skip this step if the screen shown below is already displayed on your POS.
2. Press Open Till.
3. In the Total Coins field, enter the total amount in coins that will be in your cash drawer at the start of the day.
4. In the Total Bills field, enter the total amount in bills that will be in your cash drawer at the start of the day.
Below are examples of the different till settings. To edit your till options, see Adding Devices. The till setting options are:
- Simple—The Simple method requires that the employee enters the total sum of all bill denominations in dollars and the total sum of all change denominations in cents.
- Complex A—The Complex A method requires that the employee enters the total amount of each denomination of bills ($1 bills, $5 bills, and so on) in dollars and the total amount of each denomination of change (quarters, dimes, and etc.) in cents.
- Complex B—The Complex B method requires that the employee enters the total number of bills or coins in each denomination, which will then calculate the dollar amount of the denomination.
Simple Till Setting
Complex A Till Setting
Complex B Till Setting
5. Press Confirm.
6. At the confirmation screen, press Confirm again.
After the till has been set, the POS device will return to the main screen.
NOTE: You can skip this step and enter zeroes if you like. Just note that your Z-Tape at the end of the day will not be accurate. Some people don't require that accuracy, and skipping this step is fine!